What is the 'Try a trade' programme?
This unique 12-month programme is fully funded by The HomeServe Foundation and will commence in Autumn 2021.
It will involve 10 schools in the West Midlands to engage students and their families in understanding the fantastic range of career opportunities available through domestic trades.
Schools will work with industry experts to:
- Develop a broader understanding and awareness of domestic trades.
- Inspire young people through resources, case studies and role models who are working in those roles.
- Involve parents and carers in understanding the employment opportunities available locally and how to access them.
- Work with local training providers and employers to understand local opportunities.
- Equip young people with the skills and confidence to know how to take the next step.
The programme aims to support those young people who wish to pursue a career in domestic trades to be able to access traineeships and apprenticeships with local employers by Summer / Autumn 2022.ASK US A QUESTION
Why is the Try a trade programme needed?
The 2021 HomeServe Foundation domestic trade skills index found that: