apprenticeships at bbc
The BBC is the world’s leading public service broadcaster. Funded primarily through the television licence fee, the BBC provides audiences in the UK with high-quality and distinctive services across television, radio and online. In the UK the BBC provides 10 network television services, 10 network radio services, 46 radio services in the nations and regions of the UK, plus an extensive online presence. The BBC also delivers impartial news and information to audiences around the globe through the World Service. The BBC offers a wide range of careers in the areas of journalism, broadcasting and technology, as well as corporate roles such as HR, legal, finance and administration.
Our aim is simple – to enrich people’s lives with programmes and services that inform, educate and entertain by being the most creative organisation in the world.
But we don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. We have six values, or standards, which people across the BBC share. They represent the expectation we have for ourselves and each other, they guide our day-to-day decisions and the way we behave.
Why work with bbc?
- Working here means you’ll be part of something genuinely special. People know us and are passionate about what we do.
- You’ll also be making things that are enjoyed by millions. Almost everyone in the UK spends time with our content each week and it feels great to be part of something that reaches so many people.
- BBC staff get 25 days holiday a year and you can buy or sell days to suit you. As well as national bank holidays, you’ll also get an extra day-off between Christmas and New Year.
- We’ll help you get to work with interest-free rail season ticket loans and discounts on new bikes.
- There are loads of national and local deals for BBC staff. Some of them are available through the deals website on our intranet. With others you just need to show your BBC ID card in shops and restaurants near our buildings.
- The BBC Club offers discounted rates in all our bars, cafes, restaurants and gyms. You’ll get even more online and high street deals, a private lottery and access to exclusive member only events.
- We offer hundreds of different training courses to BBC staff. You can use them to keep on top of your game and learn the latest technology. You could even learn about something totally new and take your career in an exciting new direction.
- Working with us means you’ll always be surrounded by great people who can teach you new things and really want to help you learn.
Connect with BBC
Do you have a passion for business, journalism, production or technology and want to start your career with the BBC?
Check out our apprenticeships and degree schemes in Broadcast Operation, Broadcast & Communications, Business Management or Software Engineering, Journalism and Production.
Get in. Get on. Get ahead.