civil servants working with the raf
Every day, our people support Ministry of Defence operations around the globe, protecting Britain’s shores and partner with our international allies.
Our success depends on our people – our Whole Force – regular and reservist military, civil servants and contractors, all working as one, working together seamlessly to deliver for us.
Civil servants are a central part of the Whole Force vision: developing strategy, making policy, supporting ministerial decision-making and Parliamentary processes. In fact, with over 2,000 different roles working across 650 sites around the world, now really is an excellent time to join one of the largest, most exciting departments in Government.
To find out more about the Civil Service and Apprenticeship opportunities please visit the Civil Service Careers page.
Why work with us?
- Be part of an organisation that supports our Military Forces
- Opportunities to travel to exciting military locations across the UK and overseas
- Flexible working opportunities
- On-site facilities such as Sports & Social Clubs, Gyms and/or shops
- Opportunities to get involved in a huge range of sporting and leisure activities
- Discounts from retailers, restaurants, hotels and many more through Defence Discount
- Full-time employees are entitled to paid annual leave of 25 days, rising, over 5 years to 30 days
- Special Paid Leave to volunteer up to 6 days a year
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year, you will also receive leave for HM The Sovereign’s birthday
Connect with Civil Servants working with the Royal Air Force (RAF)
Civil Servants working with the Royal Air Force (RAF)
We are Civil Servants in the Ministry of Defence, who play a vital role in supporting the Royal Air Force (RAF), working alongside regular and reservist military personnel. We protect the security, independence and interests of our country at home and abroad. Our aim is to ensure the RAF have the training, equipment and support necessary for their work.
Once you join the Civil Service, you’ll become part of a profession. Your profession offers networking opportunities, career routes, training and development programmes – and a real sense of belonging.
Please note, we are currently reviewing all listed recruitment opportunities due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 and will be updating the Time To Apply information soon.