Stage 1: Registration
First, you’ll need to create your account (remember these details so you can log back in easily).
You’ll then need to choose your programme and your preferred location to work.
We want to make sure that your application process is as straightforward as possible. So, before you get started with Stage 1, please make sure:
– You know which programme you want to apply for (remember, you can only apply for one)
– Your computer or laptop has a working webcam, a microphone (internal or external), you have access to broadband or high-speed internet and you’re able to install software (you’ll be prompted to install the latest version of Adobe Flash during Stage 3). While our application process works best on Chrome, it’s also supported by Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer (IE10 and later)
Once finished you’ll go on to stage 2 – Learning about you
Stage 2: Learning about you
After registering, we’ll be looking to learn all about you. It’s where you enter your personal details and experience.
We want to make sure that your application process is as straightforward as possible. So, before you get started with Stage 2, please make sure:
· When filling out your details, please read the instructions carefully and provide all the details of your qualifications. Finally – it sounds obvious – but don’t forget to proofread your answers before submitting them.
Ready? Great, let’s get started.
We’ll let you know immediately if you’re through to the next stage.
Stage 3: Learning on the job
Want to know if you’re right for the programme you’ve applied to? That’s what Stage 3 is all about. Using real work-based scenarios, we explore different aspects of your potential role and how your individual strengths will fit at EY.
There are 14 questions in total for this stage. They’re a mix of multiple-choice, written and video answers – there’s no time limit, but it must be completed in one sitting. On average, this stage will take around 45 minutes.
Stage 3 involves videoing two of your answers, so we recommend that you:
– Have the latest version of Chrome on your computer or laptop, or the latest version of Adobe Flash
– Check that your computer’s webcam and microphone (internal or external) are working – you’ll also have the opportunity to do this in the assessment itself
– Use broadband or high-speed internet to ensure the video quality is good
– Check the lighting in the room to make sure your face isn’t hidden in the shadows and try to keep the background in your video as plain as possible
– While videoing your answers, think about the person who’ll be viewing it. Look into the camera and don’t be afraid to show your enthusiasm for the topic. We also recommend thinking of this as a quick first interview, dress accordingly, so it’s probably best you don’t wear your pyjamas!
– Finally, don’t worry if the idea of videoing yourself makes you nervous – we’ll give you a practice round first, so if your first try doesn’t go well, you can re-record it. But please do remember, for your actual answers, you won’t get the opportunity to redo them.
During this stage you will also be asked to take a numerical reasoning test (NRT) – this needs to be completed in one sitting (we recommend doing this in a quiet space and using Internet Explorer or Chrome. Avoid using a Mac as this can cause issues)
Once you’ve completed this stage, we’ll share personalised feedback that identifies your key strengths for the world of work, how you can develop them further, and tips and ideas for the strengths you can improve on. We believe this will be helpful for you, no matter where you choose to work.
If you pass this, we’ll let you know if you’ve progressed to Stage 4: Learning in Person where we get to meet each other.
Stage 4: Learning in person
If you’ve made it to this stage – congratulations! The next step is to meet us in person at an EY Experience Day.
There are a few things to note before the day:
– When we contact you to confirm that you’re through to this final stage, you’ll have 48 hours to respond to the invitation and confirm your attendance. If we don’t hear from you, we’ll assume that you won’t be joining us for the EY Experience Day
– We’ll ask you to do some prep work before the event. Don’t worry, we’ll share all the details when we contact you
– And we won’t be able to move the date of the EY Experience Day – this is fixed based on the programme and location you applied to.
The day itself is designed to be informative, interactive and fun. We’ll learn about each other and you’ll have the opportunity to share your insights with us. And you can expect advice and career guidance from EY grads and apprentices, as well as senior leaders and even partners.
You’ll receive all the details of the day closer to the time, but here’s an overview of what to expect:
– The EY Experience Day starts at 9am and ends at 4.30pm
– Our travel partner will help book your transport
– We recommend having breakfast before you arrive, but lunch and refreshments will be served
– All you need to bring along is your prep work and yourself – we’ll supply the rest
– You will have a chance to meet your peers and talk to our people, as well as take part in a variety of interactive sessions, including numerical and verbal reasoning.
After the event, we’ll let you know if you’ve been successful. You’ll then receive information about stage 5 – final interview.
We look forward to meeting you!
Stage 5: Final Interview
The final stage of the process is a final interview with a senior representative from the business. You’ll take part in a short discussion and talk about your motivations for the role you’ve applied for.
We’ll be in contact with you soon after to let you know if you’ve secured a role with us.
As a professional services firm, we help organisations make better decisions about business, finance and technology.
In a fast-changing world, it’s an exciting place to be. We’re 250,000 people in more than 150 countries, working across four key areas: Assurance, Consulting, Tax and Transactions. Join us straight from School or College on one of our apprenticeship programmes and we’ll help you keep learning, evolving and building the future that’s right for you.
Please note, we are currently reviewing all listed recruitment opportunities due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 and will be updating the Time To Apply information soon.