Gatwick Airport was opened in 1958. Over the last 60 years we’ve grown from just 186,000 passengers to 45 million passengers each year.
We now fly to 228 destinations in 74 countries, and our long-haul network has extended to 63 routes.
We are a fast-paced, exciting work environment and a fast-growing business. Passenger volumes have grown by 40% over the last eight years – and our popularity has grown with them. We won more than 10 major awards in 2017 alone, including Airport of the Year, Best Airport, Favourite Airport for Short-Haul Flights and Marketing Campaign of the Year by a Retailer.
So far the engineering apprenticeship at Gatwick has trained over 300 apprentices, and a third of those former apprentices still work at the airport. Our apprentices are the heart of our engineering department.
We’ll ensure that you learn the skills and earn the qualifications to help keep the airport running smoothly, and to progress through the business however you want to – former apprentices have gone on to build careers as Engineering Managers, Senior Managers and Project Managers.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Gain great experience in a large organisation and community across the airport. You’ll be in a number of placements across engineering during your time, providing you with an abundance of experience.
- You’ll be given all the tools needed to perform your day-to-day job, including a laptop, tools, tool bag and more.
- Earn £19,000 as a starting salary which can progress up to £25,300.
- Save up to 43% on normal bus tickets with a Gatwick Travelcard, and get 25% off train fares with a discount card. We also offer discounted cycle schemes like Ride to Work.
- Join our staff annual bonus scheme.
- We offer discounts at a range of shops and restaurants in the airport, as well as discounted membership at local gyms and exclusive staff sales with World Duty Free.
- Benefit from tailored personal development and on-the-job training, as well as opportunities beyond work including an ‘Outward Bound’ course – an exhilarating week in Snowdonia kayaking, climbing and trekking.
Connect with Gatwick Airport Ltd
Gatwick Airport Ltd
Gatwick Airport is the single busiest runway in the world. Our engineers work round the clock 365 days a year, and are essential to the smooth running of the airport. This means having a well-trained, motivated team of technicians is essential.
Ambitious, hardworking and prepared to work in an environment where no two days are the same, our engineering apprentices are at the heart of that team. Find out more now.
Please note, we are currently reviewing all listed recruitment opportunities due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 and will be updating the Time To Apply information soon.