The Government Economic Service is the professional body for economists in the UK civil service. Founded in 1964, you will be part of a greatly respected organisation.
The Civil Service helps keep the UK prosperous and secure, supporting the government in implementing their commitments and delivering high-quality services for the public.
The Government Economic Service Degree Apprenticeship Programme (GES-DAP) is relevant to all central government departments and agencies. Many are already committed to recruiting apprentices through the programme, including HMRC, HM Treasury, Department for Work and Pensions, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, the Home Office, Department for Education, and the Department for Transport.
We employ over 420,000 people from across the UK. Our core values are integrity, honesty, impartiality and objectivity, and we are committed to recruiting people from a range of different backgrounds.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Extremely varied opportunities leading to a wide range of careers, such as journalism, analysis and policy advisory
- Be part of a fun community, with many social events and plenty of chances to make friends with both students and other colleagues
- Nationally, you will be paid a starting wage of least £20,448. If you are in or around London, this rises to £22,000. After graduation, your starting salary will be £27,000
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service. Additionally all public holidays and the Queen’s Birthday
- Flexible working patterns including part-time or full-term, and access to Flexible Working Schemes allowing you to vary your working day as long as you work your total hours
- We have a culture that supports all, no matter their background or ambitions
- Study for your economics degree at the University of Kent, with quality teaching and world-leading academics
- Access interest-free loans allowing you to spread the cost of an annual travel season ticket or a new bicycle.
Connect with Government Economic Service
Government Economic Service
Be part of the first degree-level economics apprenticeship programme in the UK! Economists play a really important role in the way government makes policy. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to work in a central government department or agency.
Work on important issues our country faces, whilst studying for a highly respected economics degree. Find out more now.
Please note, we are currently reviewing all listed recruitment opportunities due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 and will be updating the Time To Apply information soon.