apprenticeships at ibm
There is no other company like IBM and there is no business professional like the IBMer. We are experts in nearly every technical scientific and business field. We are citizens of, and apply our expertise in, more than 170 countries. Yet we are united by a single purpose: to be essential. We do that by creating the most advanced technology to change how our clients work and run their businesses. And through them, IBMers change how the world works.
Begin your journey at IBM with skills, not degrees! Whether you have decided to go straight into work, take a gap year before University, or are exploring your options post-education, our IBM School Leaver programmes will enable you to gain the experience, skills and contacts you need to start building a bright future. If you have the right skills, there’s a career for you at IBM. From predicting the weather to artificial intelligence in Healthcare. Our School Leaver Schemes offer a world of opportunities.
You’ll work on real projects, with real clients and real bottom-line deliverables. IBMers have the support of over 380,000 colleagues worldwide and work for leaders who reward diverse thinking and bold ideas. Our opportunities for School Leavers will give you everything you need to build a successful career.
Why work with ibm?
- Make friends for life! IBM has around 20,000 employees in the UK, so there are plenty of social events going on in all locations!
- You can join some of the many communities and social groups we have such as Eagle (LGBT+), Girls Who Code, BAME, People with Disabilities and various location social groups and sports teams!
- On your first day, you’ll receive your own laptop and, depending on your role, your own work mobile device.
- There are plenty of opportunities to travel to different IBM locations, conferences and events around the UK and potentially even overseas!
- Enjoy more than just the day job! At IBM each employee has at least 40 hours a year that they can dedicate to giving back to the community. These may include running and attending events, visiting and educating schools around the UK or working on further projects outside of your day-to-day role!
- Want cheaper cinema tickets and discount at high-street shops? You can take full advantage of IBM Rewards!
- We have your professional and personal development in mind. Not only do you have your dedicated task manager, but you also have an Early Professional Manager who is there to support your development and to help and guide you on your career journey.
Connect with IBM
Did you know you can now achieve a management accountant CIMA qualification as an IBM Apprentice? Or become an HR Consultant? Or even become a graduate with a degree qualification? All through the apprenticeship route. Apprenticeships at IBM are all about picking up skills for the workplace and embarking on a long and successful career.