Network Rail owns, operates and develops Britain’s railway infrastructure – that’s 20,000 miles of track, 30,000 bridges, tunnels and viaducts, and thousands of signals, level crossings and stations.
Every day, more than 4.6 million journeys are made in the UK. People depend on Britain’s railway for their daily commute, to visit friends and loved ones, and to get them home safe.
Our role is to deliver a safe and reliable railway. We carefully manage and deliver thousands of projects every year as part of the multi-billion-pound Railway Upgrade Plan.
The number of passenger journeys undertaken on Britain’s railways has doubled over the past 20 years. We help the railway network to grow and improve in response to that tremendous growth and demand – and our apprentices are at the heart of that work.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- 36 days holiday (including bank holidays). Increase your holiday by an extra 2 days or get some extra cash for the January sales though our Flexible Leave programme. You can even bank days for future years and ‘save up’ for the trip of a lifetime.
- Help out your local community or volunteer for a charity of your choice with up to 5 extra days volunteering leave per year.
- Network Rail will help support you in some of the major milestones in your life, with extra holiday allowances for your wedding, moving home, maternity & paternity leave, & more.
- Up to 75% discount on season tickets. We also offer interest free loans to help spread the remaining cost of the ticket over the year.
- Access to MyBenefits portal – saving money on high street retailers, up to 40% off cinema tickets, up to 10% off holidays, 20% off Virgin experiences, around 50% off theme parks & around 10% off at places to eat (including Nandos)!
- Discounted gym membership & great mobile phone deals, including 20% off EE Pay Monthly contracts & 25% off 02 tariffs.
- Access to the Transport Benevolent fund for £1 a week – a charity that will pay for prescription payments, massages & much more.
- A dedicated independent employee service providing legal and financial advice – including helping you budget, debt management advice, health & wellbeing support, & counselling should you need it.
Connect with Network Rail
Join us for three fascinating, surprising and career-advancing years as an Advanced Engineering apprentice.
You’ll receive expert training, thousands of pounds in your pocket and a lifetime of engineering possibilities. When you’re transforming Britain’s vast railway network, you get more than just an education – you’ll gain the kind of skills that can set you up for life.
Please note, we are currently reviewing all listed recruitment opportunities due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 and will be updating the Time To Apply information soon.