Thames Valley Police is one of the South-East’s largest employers with 4,177 officers and 3,426 staff. We protect 2.3 million residents and 6 million visitors annually.
We police urban areas including Milton Keynes, Slough, Reading and Oxford, and vast rural spaces including the Cotswolds and Vale of the White Horse. We are also responsible for 196 miles of motorway. We have a large number of specialist departments and opportunities to progress are a reality.
A lot goes on here. We have four major football clubs – Reading, Oxford, MK Dons and Wycombe – as well as Windsor Castle, Chequers, Blenheim Palace, Royal Ascot, Reading Festival and Henley Royal Regatta on our doorstep. When we say no two days are ever the same, we mean it.
Crime is becoming increasingly complex, with terrorism, cyber-crime and the exploitation of vulnerable people dominating the headlines. By further professionalising policing through the introduction of apprenticeships across both officer and staff roles, we aim to develop new solutions to these modern issues.
Do something about it. Be part of the solution.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Competitive apprenticeship salaries plus additional force benefits including a pension scheme, holiday entitlement, and childcare voucher scheme
- Discounts from retailers, restaurants, travel, tickets and more through our benefits portal app
- We have a performance related pay structure.
- Officers have diverse career prospects including opportunities for promotion and specialism, from the detective pathway to major crime, counter-terrorism, firearms and roads policing
- We invest heavily in the professional development of our officers and staff, with CPD and opportunities to progress or move departments according to your aspirations
- We also support learning to enhance knowledge and expertise, and offer a Support for Study scheme across the force
- Our people – when asked why they love working for TVP you’ll regularly get the answer “the people” or “my team”. We are a great bunch of people with a common sense of purpose
- A career in policing, either on the front line or behind the scenes can be extremely rewarding – we all have a vital part to play in keeping the Thames Valley safe. #proudtoserve
Connect with Thames Valley Police
Thames Valley Police
Thames Valley is the largest non-metropolitan police force in the UK. We serve Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire – a diverse area which includes large urban and rural spaces.
As a Force we are established yet progressive in our approach, offering rewarding and exciting opportunities. Above all we are people-focused.
We value apprenticeships across both police officer and staff roles. Find out more now.