What does a Young Ambassador do?
Ambassador activities will include:
- Championing and promoting apprenticeships with young people, teachers and parents and their local stakeholders
- Visiting schools, career fairs and events and speaking about their experience as an apprentice.
- Acting as a role model to promote and encourage diversity with apprenticeships
- Sharing experience of apprenticeships and best practice with young people
- Promoting the benefits and opportunities that apprenticeships provide
- Promoting progression opportunities from Advanced, Higher and Degree Level Apprenticeships
- Where appropriate, acting as the voice of young people – a sounding board for consultations on the future direction of apprenticeships etc.
- Actively supporting ‘Apprenticeship Campaigns’ and use social media to share key messages
- Working with the National Apprenticeship Service to raise the level of press coverage, communicate success stories and to maximise key events and activities including National Apprenticeship Week
What is the commitment I will make?
Locally YAAN Ambassadors agree to:
- Be willing to remain on the YAAN for a minimum of 12 months
- Participate on average 0.5 working day per month or 6 activities/events per year
- Attend a local meeting of other YAANs a minimum of 4 times per year
- Engage with Young People and the public – via social or broadcast media- to promote apprenticeships
- Assist the planning of an annual YAAN Conference
- Attend/speak at high profile events when requested
The information within the personal profile will be shared with other apprentices through the secure network and will not be viewed by members of the public. With your permission, we may share your story as a case study through this site, but we will always seek your permission first and will never make public any information that you do not wish to be shared.
If you are a past or current apprentice and feel passionately about the positive impact that apprenticeships have had on your life then we would love to hear from you. Volunteer to sign up to your local region and use your story to inspire others!
Book an apprentice to come and speak at your school
We have a wide range of Young Apprentice Ambassadors who are available to visit your school. They are employed in all apprenticeship sectors and are studying at all levels of apprenticeship from intermediate through to master’s degrees. If you would like to book an apprentice to inspire your students, staff and parents please click here.