preparation for an apprenticeship, work or study
Traineeships are a brilliant way to gain experience and confidence, helping you to take the next step into an apprenticeship, work or study.
Offered throughout England, trainees are supported by training providers working with local employers through fun and
engaging programmes that will help you reach your future goals.
Some key facts:
- They can last from 6 weeks up to 1 year (though most traineeships last for less than 6 months)
- They are for individuals aged 16 – 24 yr. olds (or 25 yr. olds with an Education, Health and Care plan)
- They contain a work placement of at least 70 hours (minimum)
- They are supported by a training provider who will provide qualifications in maths, English and digital skills
HOW DO YOU FIND A TRAINEESHIP?
There are a few different ways that you can discover your local traineeship opportunities.
- Visit Find a Traineeship on the government website to view employers with current vacancies
- Search the provider listing to see which providers are closest to you
- Contact your local training providers and colleges to find out what is available
READY TO FIND OUT MORE?
Here is our collection of free resources to help you to become more familiar with traineeships.
Explore the different ways that traineeships can positively benefit a diverse range of individuals.
Our factsheet can help you to decide whether a Traineeship is right for you and find out how to get onto one.
Student Activity Pack
Download our engaging student activity pack to explore and consider Traineeships as one of your options.
Download this quick guide and myth busters for employers to learn more about the benefits of traineeships.
Why They Work
Watch Trainee, Scott Wallin, talk about the first hand benefits he’s experienced through his traineeship at Millwall FC.
Challenge yourself and take our fun and informative quiz to discover what you do and don’t know about traineeships!
Why They Work
Hear from Trainee, Rukhsar Ali Din, talk about her experience working at a day nursery in Bradford.
Meet a past trainee
Read our Traineeships case study with George Greaves, a past trainee and now a business owner.
Read through our teacher and careers adviser webinar slides for a complete overview and update on traineeships.