How we use your personal information
Amazing Apprenticeships is partly funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education (DfE). This privacy notice explains how we use your personal information. For the purposes of relevant data protection legislation, the DfE is the data controller for personal information processed. For more detailed information on how we handle your personal information see the ESFA: privacy notice.
Amazing Apprenticeships collects and uses your personal information so the DfE can carry out its functions. This includes the Amazing Apprenticeships website and
any services delivered from the website, including the Apprenticeship Support and Knowledge for Schools
and Colleges (ASK) programme, the Apprenticeship Champions Network and the Young Apprentice Ambassador Network. Therefore, we require your explicit consent.
When you use the Amazing Apprenticeships website, we collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable delivery of the services requested
- To provide statistical analysis
- To evidence and support activity performance against targets
- To allow continuous improvement of the services by seeking your feedback and views
For members of the Young Apprentice Ambassador Network, the application seeks to gather certain personal data to support the monitoring of equality and diversity, including; ethnicity, disability (under the Equality Act), support/access requirements and sexuality. If you do not wish to share this data, you can select ‘prefer not to say’.
How long we hold your data
We will hold your personal data for 5 years, unless you request that we delete your data. You can withdraw your consent by contacting Amazing Apprenticeships at any time: email@example.com
Who we share your personal information with
Your personal data may be shared internally with other services run by the DfE for the purpose of statistical analysis and with partner organisations, where the law allows it or we have a legal obligation to do so.
To enable the delivery of Amazing Apprenticeship services to you, including the ASK programme and the YAAN, we may share information with the following:
- Organisations working on behalf of ASK Programme
- Young Apprentice Ambassador Network (YAAN) Chairs and position holders
- Market research organisations – to check on your satisfaction with the service received and to see if you have made any progress in learning or work as a result; and only if you have agreed to this.
Personal information will be treated confidentially and will only be shared on a strictly ‘need to know’ basis.
Where we collect personal information from
Personal information is provided directly by you to Amazing Apprenticeships;
- When you talk to us face to face
- When you use our website or subscribe to receive our mailings
- Through application forms
- In emails
We may also collect personal information about you from other systems or organisations funded by the DfE and from organisations that introduce you to us; so that we can make contact with you.
Your individual rights
The law gives you certain rights with regards to your data, including:
- request a copy of any personal information that Amazing Apprenticeships holds on you
- question any information we have about you that you think is wrong or incomplete. You can contact us and ask for personal information to be corrected
- ask for your data to be deleted
- remove consent for processing
Please contact us if you want to do this by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
To exercise any other of your rights please contact us using the Department for Education secure online contact form or by writing to:
Ministerial and Public Communications Division Department for Education
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Find out on their website how to report a concern.