How We Use Your Personal Information
Amazing Apprenticeships is funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education (DfE). This privacy notice explains how we use your personal information. For the purposes of relevant data protection legislation, the DfE is the data controller for personal information processed. For more detailed information on how we handle your personal information see the ESFA: privacy notice.
We collect your personal information so the DfE can carry out its functions. This includes the Amazing Apprenticeships website and any services delivered from the website, including the Apprenticeship Knowledge and Support (ASK) programme, Apprenticeship Champions Network and Young Apprentice Ambassador Network.
When you use the Amazing Apprenticeships website, we collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable delivery of the services requested
- To provide statistical information to partner organisations
- To evidence and support activity against targets for organisations delivering the ASK programme
In addition, if you give your consent we will collect your personal information for:
- Customer satisfaction surveys; and or;
- To enable us to monitor our performance against our equality and diversity objectives, and or;
- To ensure we are targeting our service to meet priority groups.
If you choose not to allow us to collect this additional information, you will still receive the same level of service.
If you do provide this additional information, you can choose later to withdraw your consent by contacting Amazing Apprenticeships at any time.
- If you have created an online account – you can log in and un-tick the relevant boxes in your account details
- If you have received a newsletter – you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of the newsletter
- If you wish to withdraw your consent for customer satisfaction surveys, you can email hello@amazingapprenticeships,com
- If you have spoken with one of the ASK programme delivery partners on the phone or face to face – you can contact your link partner using their details, or in person, and tell them you wish to withdraw your consent.
Where we collect personal information from
Personal information is provided directly by you to Amazing Apprenticeships;
- When you talk to us face to face
- When you use our website or subscribe to receive our mailings
- In emails
We may collect personal information about you from other systems or organisations funded by the ESFA and from organisations that introduce you to us; so that we can make contact with you
Who we share your personal information with
We may share your personal information with other services run by the ESFA and partner organisations, where the law allows it or we have a legal obligation to do so:
To enable the delivery of Amazing Apprenticeship services to you, we may share information with the following organisations:
- Organisations working on behalf of local ASK Delivery Partner organisations
- Organisations that introduce you to us; so we can let them know how you are getting on
- Organisations that we introduce you to; if there is an specialist organisation that we believe may be able to assist you, we may pass basic details to them to allow them to deliver their services to you
- Market research organisations – to check on your satisfaction with the service received and to see if you have made any progress in learning or work as a result; and only if you have agreed to this.
Your Individual Rights
The law gives you certain rights with regards to your data.
How to get a copy of your personal information
You can request a copy of any personal information that Amazing Apprenticeships holds on you by the following method:
- By using the form available at: http://www.education.gov.uk/contactus/efa or by writing to
Ministerial and Public Communications Division
Department for Education
Letting us know if your personal information is incorrect
You have the right to question any information we have about you that you think is wrong or incomplete. Please contact us if you want to do this:
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- By completing the ‘Contact Us’ form on the Amazing Apprenticeships website
- By speaking to your local ASK Delivery Partner using the details they have provided you with